Diatool – Interchangeable adjustable Boring Heads
The throw-away heads for Diatool Boring provide the advantage of a multi-cutting tool, the savings associated with the replacement of the single head with the reuse of the tool body and the dimensional repeatability that only a very high qualityproduct can ensure.
The ease of replacement of Diatool boring heads and interchangeability guaranteed even with the main competing standards, enable rapid replacement without any kind of unnecessary investment. It is therefore possible to continue to use the tool bodies already available and take advantage of the quality of Diatool boring heads and service.
As well as the reamers, even the heads are provided or regenerated very quickly and, thanks to the expansion system, prolong their life up to 6 times compared to an integral alternative. The expansion process is extremely simple and rapid and allowscompensating for the decrease of the diameter due to wear of the cutters.
Features of Interchangeable adjustable Boring Heads:
- Modular boring heads from Ø9.600 to Ø60.000 mm
- Different materials and coatings
- Simple, fast and precise interchangeability
- Tool holders for heads with internal cooling
- Boring heads in both long and short version
Advantages of interchangeable adjustable Boring Heads:
- Only 8 head holders for diameter range 9,600 – 60,000 mm
- All throw-away heads are manufactured at the nominal diameter, thus the first hole will already be perfect
- Modular boring system without the need to set the diameter
- Perfect repeatability of units in case of head replacement
- Short machining cycle times due to high advancement and multi-cutting design
- High economic efficiency thanks to repeated regenerations
- The regenerated heads have the same tool life as new heads